Call: Swiss Researching Africa Days (Bern, 26.-27.10.2018)SSAS, Africa Days
The Swiss Society for African studies calls for paper proposals for the 5th edition of the Swiss Researching Africa Days (Bern, 26.-27.10.2018).
The deadline for submission is 30 June 2018. Please submit your proposal directly to the contact indicated in the Call document for the respective panel.
List of panels:
- Knowing Justice: The Politics of Knowledge Production for, and of, Peace and Justice in Africa
- Disentangling the knot: illuminating the dynamics between globalised land and local well-being in Africa
- Environmental justice and land management practices in Africa
- ´Brokers´ and interpreters within the judicial and human rights fields in West Africa / « Courtiers » et interprètes dans les champs de la justice et des droits de l´Homme en Afrique de l´Ouest
- Theorizing African Aesthetics
- Sous le signe du retour : migration et migrance littéraire
- Dance, Power and Subjectivities in African cities
- Multilingualism and Governance in Sub-Saharan Africa: a key to participation and sustainability?
- So what about youth in Africa? Reappraisals after the academic buzz
- State-Making and State-Breaking in sub-Sahara Africa
- Contested Wildlife
Call for Posters:
Furthermore, there is still space for the presentation of posters on ongoing or recently completed PhD projects. The deadline for submission is extended to 31 July 2018. Please submit your proposition (pdf) to Veit Arlt (email@example.com). The decsision on acceptance will be communicated by 15 August 2018.
Further information: Swiss Society for African Studies SSAS